How do I On Touch

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • So I have already created my events using the keyboard for testing really, now I am trying to apply touch to these controls by using the "simulate left,right up etc" action but when I do my sprite only moves like a mili-inch lol.

A better example would be.

On Touch > Collision DPAD_RIGHT > Simulate platformer RIGHT.

Now when I do this the sprite barely moves an inch even though it works perfectly with the right arrow key.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong is there anything that needs to be added to touch commands or ?

Or a better question, how do I set it so that when the player is holding touch over an object to make it act like I am holding down the "Right" arrow key?

The really strange thing is that it works perfectly for jump.. Just not for Left & Right

• I'm certain the problem is with "On touch". This is a trigger event, which occurs only once you touch it. Try "Touch|Is in touch" or "Touch|Is touching object".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm certain the problem is with "On touch". This is a trigger event, which occurs only once you touch it. Try "Touch|Is in touch" or "Touch|Is touching object".

Well I tried the "In Touch" and that works how I need it to, except that I am using a sprite, and when I set it to "Is Touching Object" the sprite that should be running only moves a bare inch when touching the object, it does not even seem to recognize that I am holding down over the object.

EDIT: Oh goodness.. haha I figured it out.. Thanks for the help man It was so obvious I can't believe I missed it.. Maybe too much coffee..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)