How do I open a beta capx with a stable build

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:51 pm

The latest beta build of Construct broke my audio loops, but I didn't realize until after I had done work with my capx in the new version.

Is there a way to open projects saved in newer builds with older versions of Construct? I'm showing my project off at a show on Saturday and I'm afraid there won't be a fix in time.
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:55 pm

From another topic:

TiAm wrote:Be warned this can induce errors if your project is using newer features not supported by the older version of C2. That being said:

1. Go to the project file. If it's a .caporj file, skip step 2.

2. If it's a capx, unzip it (capx are just zip files basically).

3. Now, open the caproj file in a plain text editor (I recommend notepad++, get it here).

4. Look for the following string, minus quotes: "<saved-with-version>". It's only a few lines down from the top.

5. You'll see this tag has a 5 digit number; it's the c2 version padded with 2 zeros (so, r184 will look like 18400). Change the first 3 digits to match version you want to revert to.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 pm

Just FYI, for 'patch' versions (eg. r204.2), you need to change 4 chars (20420 for 204.2).
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?