How do I Open a Browser Window from Android?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I'm fairly certain I've done this before...

On Touch -> MyButton = Browser Location ("www.example.com")

So it works when testing.

When I export and try on my Android Device, the browser doesn't open or respond at all!

Any one know why?

• Are you using the Browser Object?

• Yes, using the Browser object. It appears that there is a bug with the latest version of Intel XDK - and it would usually work.

Waiting for a fix apparently....

• cybertron7 - any chance you can post a short demo somewhere for us to debug it? I know InAppBrowser works (I'm using it now).

• imaffett

It's probably less of a bug than anything. I'm just using the normal "browser" object to try and open a URL.

So I installed Cranberry PhoneGapInAppBrowser which allows me to target the "_SYSTEM" rather than in app browser.

This makes the Android App use it's native browser to launch, and solves my problem.

When I export and try on my Android Device, the browser doesn't open or respond at all!

Any one know why?

I am running into the exact same thing.

• > I'm fairly certain I've done this before...

>

> On Touch -> MyButton = Browser Location ("www.example.com")

>

> So it works when testing.

>

> When I export and try on my Android Device, the browser doesn't open or respond at all!

>

> Any one know why?

>

I am running into the exact same thing.

Adding an astrix to the internal whitelist on intelxdk solves the problem .... (or specify urls)

<_<

• cybertron7 lennaert The probelem is not in construct 2

I posted the solution above.

The security kep the app from opening an un specified URL, due to security measures.

You can either add approved URLs to the internal/external whitelist of the intelxdk settings for your app or add an astriks "*" to allow all.

• imaffett

Hello

little offtop

Probably you know about sound delay problem.

On mobile it's about 0.5 sec .

For example:

in my game when player press button

works animation then after about 0.5 sec play sound.

this delay absolutly ruined gameplay expereince.

Maybe you know when in XDK will fix it ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Chigabooga -- the XDK builds standard Cordova (aka PhoneGap) apps. It has no bearing on the way your apps are initialized, how they run or how the various Cordova plugins work. Thus, there is no "fix" that the XDK can provide to deal with the audio delay issue you are experiencing. I recommend you search Stack Overflow for issues related to Cordova or PhoneGap apps and audio delays, and include keywords in your search regarding the plugin or HTML5 technique you are using to play your audio. Any solutions you find for Cordova/PhoneGap apps can be applied to an app built with the XDK, since it simply builds a Cordova app.

• xmnboy

Ok, thank you for explanation. Your answer clarify it for me.

Any one know why?

Did you solve the problem?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)