How do I operate a variable through gamepad input?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:46 pm

I know, this sound pretty straightforward but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I have this line in my event sheet:
gamepad.png

No matter what the gamepad condition is (axis change, or pressing a button) it won't add anything to the instance variable PlayerAngle.
However, it will append or set a textbox to something else, so it IS recognizing the gamepad input. It just doesn't work with variables for some reason.

Am I missing something?
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Ok so this surely has to be a bug. I added an OR condition to detect keyboard input and it does modify the variable.
gamepad.png

So to make that clear, through the gamepad it only appends text but doesn't modify the variable PlayerAngle.
With the keyboard, it does both.

:| :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:55 pm

Ugh. So I had a condition that set that variable to 0 whenever the keyboard buttons were released. That's what was conflicting with the pad. :/ Sorry about that. This thread should probably be deleted
B
S

Return to How do I....?