How do I optimise large layout with many instances?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:50 pm

@MultipleChoice
I can't send pm yet, so hit me on camerapassion gmail com :)
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:07 pm

MultipleChoice wrote:> @Facet nice dude, keep me up to date how all this works out, I would love to test it ;)

Okay, then collisions might not be the issue that much, I have like 900 up to 1500 objects ;) how does that run on your system? If that runs smooth or okay, then that is not your issue.

On my old laptop, depending on window size is slow or very slow. On my phone, Nokia 1020 I have 45 to 60 fps, but here no enemies, items and action yet

MultipleChoice wrote:
Also try another browser, and also uploading your game, don't run locally. Or try Web-Nod, also faster. In general seems chrome to be the smoothest way to play.

I have it online, testing also on real device. I know, some differences here, but not significant.

MultipleChoice wrote:
But hen most likely it is rather the redrawing end effects slowing it down a lot. Try not to use any fx... they are also fps hungry -- I know, they are tempting, but don't work on all browsers anyhow... (at least some look pretty ugly in some browsers)

No fx yet, but I want some in future :P

MultipleChoice wrote:Are you scrolling your map all the time? Maybe you can do map-areas, only scrolling, when you reach the edge of the screen. Since scrolling means all objects have to be positioned and redrawn.

Yes, is scrolling with player. This is game idea, so will be hard to change it ;P
B
S

Post » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Sent a Mail, lets talk soon.. I need to sleep now :/
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 am

on the debugscreen it says your running in canvas 2d mode, that is probably the biggest issue
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:38 am

@vtrix yes, but as I said, I tested it also in webgl on device and is too slow.
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 am

hm yes but in any case it seems gpu is the problem, have you put scaling quality settings to low? putting static objects, in different frames also help to reduce drawcalls, not sure if that aplies to canvas2d

try a smaller map and adding things, and test often, try a simple character with cameramove,...
post a testlink to test speed
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:53 am

@vtrix
On one of my phones, Nokia 1020 canvas2d working even faster than webgl, and here no webgl things yet, so problem is in collisions, map size etc. I know, smaller map can help, but it can't be smaller. I have statics in different frames, for example walls are one object with 20 or little more frames.

This is only test, I am not sure yet I will stay on C2, means js/html5 with my project or I need to move to other faster "engine". I still have a hope, I can do it in C2, because work is much faste than in other engines and in theory, I can do everything I need in this game. I need only stable fps. With few enemies on screen and some effects fps is still acceptable, I'm doing more tests now ;)
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:27 am

its just to test framerates, if it bogs down on a cameramove with a small map, then the hardware is just not up to it, if it works better without webgl the gpu is just weak, also collisionchecking.... does it goes faster if you dont do collisiontests? you might try asking ashley to do a check..
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:19 pm

> @Facet : It should work out in c2, I am sure. You have the right start/structure to optimize.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?