How do I optimize a Zelda-style engine for mobile? w/ exampl

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:05 am

I was actually giving this some thought based on what Magistross mentioned. You could actually load the entire layout itself at the beginning including all NPC's/Monsters/etc then have them all destroyed unless the player is on the corresponding layout.

So, basically, you could keep your map in one big layout and your transition effect wouldn't have to be changed at all. The only thing you'd have to add is a Destroy Objects when player leaves area and a Spawn Objects when a player enters an area. Which should be easy to do. Just add triggers at each doorway.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:14 am

Geez sorry i was only suggesting that you might want to add that persaid feature...
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:38 am

truefalcon wrote:Geez sorry i was only suggesting that you might want to add that persaid feature...

Huh?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:36 am

the type writer dialogue boxes... for the rpg...
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Tekniko wrote:I was actually giving this some thought based on what Magistross mentioned. You could actually load the entire layout itself at the beginning including all NPC's/Monsters/etc then have them all destroyed unless the player is on the corresponding layout.

So, basically, you could keep your map in one big layout and your transition effect wouldn't have to be changed at all. The only thing you'd have to add is a Destroy Objects when player leaves area and a Spawn Objects when a player enters an area. Which should be easy to do. Just add triggers at each doorway.

Thanks Tekniko
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?