How do I Optimize My AI

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:03 pm

pretty cool fix you get here :D yes i relized that you where using physics, at the begining i thought you where using only 8 direction behaviour
B
S

Post » Mon May 11, 2015 11:33 am

Okay thanks for all the help everyone, I've manage to optimize the game down so that I can have about 20 of these AI doing their thing in a scene and it runs at 60 on my crappy laptop.

Here's a simple build of an area: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/331 ... index.html

You can't do much, but on load press ENTER to take control of one of the AI and use WASD / QE to thrust. I don't know what sort of frame rates you will get but hopefully it'll be stable.

Thanks again, there's still much more optimization that can be done, but at least now I can get back to designing gameplay.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 11, 2015 2:42 pm

This is really good, feels like you're playing an MMO version of asteroids. It's fun to watch the ai go about their business & controls are a challenge. Definitely a lot of possibilities for mission design, & it'd be nice if they were sandbox style with multiple ways to complete them, with stealth, hacking & action all being options.

Also anyone trying this should press the right arrow key ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 11, 2015 5:50 pm

@mattb - haha! Forgot about that.

Cheers for the feedback, will be sure to update the devlog once there's some actual gameplay to try :)

One of the last thing I put in was a stabilizer, if you hold left shift, it increases drag but consumes fuel, it allows you to stop drifting. The AI fly with the stabilizer always on at the moment and they freak out when it's switched off.

Oh also, press F to turn your light off - for stealth. Currently working on 'alert' states so that the AI attack you when you do something they don't like.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?