How do I overlap 2 solid objects

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:41 pm

I have 2 solid objects and i want one of them to overlap the other just a little. One of them is a target and the other is the floor, so i want the target to be on the floor. Both of them are solids and bullets(because i am making an endless runner type of game). The problem is: i can´t make the target overlap the floor no matter what. I have tried to setit´s position to floor.y + 20... didn´t work. I have tried to do this and remove the solid behavior.... didn´t work. I have tried to move it to another layer... didn´t work. Do solids never overlap? What can i do to make my target on the floor?
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Solids can overlap - think of all the breakout clones.

Without you showing your .capx, we can only guess. Have you checked the collision polygons of the objects in question?
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Here is the link for my project. It is posted on 4shared shared in a zip file:http://www.4shared.com/zip/QjYf9wtzce/pitzilla.html?

Here's what you need to know to understand the bug:

- Everytime the obstacle is created, there´s a message on the screen: criou dinoobstaculo
-On event 13, i create the number of the obstacle that will appear(set numero_dinoobstaculo to 1).
-On event 19, based on the number 1 for numero_dinoobstaculo, i create the obstacle very high on the screen.
-The event 16 will make the obstacle go down. For every 0.01 seconds, as long as it is not overlapping any block, the obstacle will move down 10 pixels.
-The event 20 is when the obstacle in question("pterodatilo") finally reaches the ground and is overlapping Block(the floor) and is on the move(se_mexendo = true), on my current attempt, i make the object not solid anymore, position it to Block.y + 4(it should be the position i want, overlapping the floor. I have tried + 20, but it still did the same thing) and make it not move(se_mexendo=false)
- I have used this method to create my other obstacle(the dino_obstaculo 0) and it was a sucess, but that obstacle didn´t need to overlap the floor.
B
S

Return to How do I....?