How do I overwrite a project file?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi everyone!

I looked deeply in the forum, searching for an answer to my question, but I found nothing that clearly did (at least from what my english level allowed be to understand). So the question is : Is it even possible to overwrite a project file from an ingame action? I'm developing some tool and it would be handy for me to be able to update it while it is uploaded.

Thanks for reading my question, and have a nice day!

GaMan

EDIT : I forgot to say I will not be the only one to use the tool, and the project file has to be the same for everyone. That's why I need to update the project file itself and not saving a copy on the computer.

• No, because that violates JavaScript's security protocols. The best you might do is ask the user to save the file on their computer... but you should just use a server or localstorage.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your answer Gumshoe! Now that's clear. One last question though : Is it possible to define a special path where the file would be saved or download on the computer?

• No, that is part of the user interface. They have to select the path. Although, you might be able to specify a default path, I am not sure.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)