How do I 'pick the nearest' in this situation?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 pm

The solution for this situation is probably "Set to pick the nearest", but I have no idea on how to do so.

Is this case, I have two Physics Objects that have a limited revolute joint to each other. I need to create more of them, but when I just duplicate, it just happens the obvious: when I run the project, the new ones are connected to the original ones, and everything just messes up.

Here is the capx with the situation: https://drive.google.com/a/webcore.com. ... sp=sharing
I have striped out everything that might not be essential do the problem.

How do I apply "pick the nearest" in this situation? I've been banging my head on this problem for at least three hours now. :oops:

Cheers!
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:28 am

Tried to download and have a look at this, apparently need to request permission to view your link on drive, so i've done that :P
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:29 pm

MattTonkinson wrote:Tried to download and have a look at this, apparently need to request permission to view your link on drive, so i've done that :P

My bad! I've changed the permission settings. :oops:
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi mate,

Just had a look at your CAPX file and not really sure what you're asking.

It seems like you need to duplicate the ring objects and set the code per object. Presuming that is what you're after, please see attached file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au_xHg0ueCl3wQQCr0jugy09k0RR
(Hosted it on my one Drive, so just right click and download)

Apologies if I have misunderstood.
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I thought that I'd have to do something with a few advanced features, but your solution worked as a charm.

Thank you! :P
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

No problem at all Koto. Glad I could help!
B
S

Return to How do I....?