How do I play a sound when two boxes collide?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:37 am

Originally, in this 2D platformer, I have two separate entities for walls and floors. The floors are set to play a sound, while the walls don't. However, this has proven to generate quite a few problems. For example, when running into a wall, the game seems to detect that the character has collided with the floor again, and plays the sound each time I run into the wall. Confusingly, this doesn't happen on the wall opposite, which seems to work perfectly in terms of making the sound when it should.
Is there a way to fix and optimize this, or maybe even a completely different way of implementing this feature?
All help appreciated.
B

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 am

Could you please share a capx of the issue, so we don't have to guess where the problem lies?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:50 am

LittleStain wrote:Could you please share a capx of the issue, so we don't have to guess where the problem lies?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this engine. What exactly do you need? I have two capx files it seeems. capx.autosave and capx.backup1
B

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 am

if your project is open in C2, just choose save as single file, it will give you a capx file.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:19 am

LittleStain wrote:if your project is open in C2, just choose save as single file, it will give you a capx file.

Thanks!
Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to attach the file to the forum text. Do I have to have been a member for a certain amount of time or something?
B

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 am

forum attachments don't work at the moment, I think..

You could upload your capx to dropbox or google drive or something and copy the public link..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

LittleStain wrote:forum attachments don't work at the moment, I think..

You could upload your capx to dropbox or google drive or something and copy the public link..

Sure, I've uploaded it to Mega.
megafileupload (DOT) com /1mpD/Platformer.capx
B

Return to How do I....?