How do I play an animation and flash individually?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Hello

I'm having an issue with my OnHit function. Basically I want the player to play an animation whenever it gets hit and flash (flash for code purposes mostly, makes it easier).

My problem is it will play the whole animation even if its finished until the flash is done, which i have set to 1.5 second and I do not want to cut it off.

Is there any way I can actually make the animation play and end before the flash ends? Otherwise just either loops if I have Loop on Yes or just stands in the last frame if I have set Loop to No.

Thank you fellas and sorry for the noob queston, a beginer here.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:42 pm

well, if the animation's not supposed to loop and it's not supposed to stay on the last frame, what's it supposed to do when it finishes playing? and whatever the answer to that is, tell it to do that when it gets done playing the animation...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:57 pm

spacedoubt wrote:well, if the animation's not supposed to loop and it's not supposed to stay on the last frame, what's it supposed to do when it finishes playing? and whatever the answer to that is, tell it to do that when it gets done playing the animation...

Ive done that. It doesnt change anything
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:11 am

on hit -- start flash
start animation.
on animation finished -- do whatever it is you're wanting it to do. (this will not affect the flash. nor will the flash affect it.)

that's as far as we're gonna get without more information...
perhaps a capx..?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 am

Yeah I have tested that. Even then it will wait until finished flashing
B
S

Return to How do I....?