How do I play sounds quickly without pops and clicks?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hi, I've been trying to figure this out for a few days now and I can't get to the bottom of it, just wondered if anyone has any advice..

I have a some sounds that need to play very quickly, and only one at a time, if I stop the previous sound before playing the next one there is a loud click as the sound stops. If I use tags to stop the previous sound then I can't use audio effects any more because I can't figure out how to make an audio effect that affects all tags, and I can't put more than one tag on each audio file.

I also have some sounds that need to play polyphonically, and I'm having different problems with those. When there are lots of audio files playing together I also get lots of popping and clicking, the audio isn't clipping because I've imported files at -30dB as a test and still get the same problems. I wanted to make a global variable for maximum polyphony, in case the audio engine is getting overloaded, but again I have the same problem of tagging the audio files and not being able to use effects.

I'm sure I'm missing something and there must be an easy way to sort this out, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)