How do I preserve Zorder when using multiple layouts?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • My main character is composed of parts, all on the same layer, with correct Zorder. I load him on one layout, with a HUD, and an event sheet brings me to a new layout. The Zorder is not preserved in the new layout.

All initial objects are Global. All layers are named the same between both layouts. Is there a quick fix, or do I have to manually reset the layout on the start of new layout?

• Sorry, I guess I'm a little confused. Either you have the sprite objects already in the layout and Z-order will be preserved, or you load up the sprite objects using Create Object and based upon order of creation, the Z-order is preserved. So, I guess I'm not getting what you mean.

• If you check out the Zorder in Layout 1, it's Blue Red Yellow, front to back. But regardless of the Zorder in the layout 1, it always shows up in layout 2 as Yellow Red Blue, front to back. You shouldn't see yellow at all. Even if I reorder my code on the general Event Sheet, it still doesn't effect the Zorder on Layout 2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, example below.

• Sorry, example below.

On Project Properties, I set First Layout = Layout 1. On esGeneral, I added "Move to Top Layer" for each piece, so:

Every Tick:

C->Set Position

C->Move to Top

A->Set Pos

A-> Move Top

B->Set Pos

B->Move Top

And it works like you want.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)