How do I prevent spawning over already spawned objects

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:36 am

The easiest way is to have sprites as spawners instead of a layer with image points and just place these invisible spawners where you want them and do the following:

Every X seconds
---spawner is NOT overlapping spawned family
---pick random spawner
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> spawn family object

That only picks one of the spawners that is not overlapping a sprite from your family. No need for variables or anything complicated. A simple yet effective method :) And if the spawned sprite is destroyed later the spawner will be able to spawn a new one again.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:41 am

Around where the destroy action is, you can say something like object is overlapping spawner, set variable to false, then destroy object. So really you are checking that is IS overlapping the spawner to pick the appropriate spawner, setting the variable back, then destroying the object.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:32 am

B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Thank you guys. Around the destroy action I set the variable back to false. And that does the trick. Had that before, but the order between the action wasn't right. Now it is. Man, this business is tricky sometimes :)

Thanks again!
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?