How do I preview in another browser?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:39 am

I have tried to go into constructs preferences and change the preview option to use to internet explorer (I'm trying to figure if a problem with buttons rejecting 'newline' is browser specific). I set it to internet explorer. It loads up in chrome. I try setting internet explorer as my default browser. The preview loads in chrome.

Whutup?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:44 am

What happens when you change the "Preview browser" setting in your project properties panel? You didn't mention that.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:01 am

@Callan-S - Try this: https://mega.nz/#!acFyERqR!4YaexgHRWHpC ... Fqgw5HxZ1g

Open the .reg file (if you dare... :P) to fix the Internet Explorer shortcut. Founded the method somewhere in the net.
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

If you play Puyo Puyo games, you can meet me at the Puyo Puyo English Community Discord: https://discord.gg/0k41S8ARwvY2iTIQ
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:58 am

Changing the browser in Preferences will take effect the next time you create a new project. It will not change your current project's settings. Like @Lancifer said change the browser in Project Properties (click on an empty space in your layout, on the right search for Project Properties and click on View, then search for Preview Browser option and select one from the dropdown menu).
Ba-dum Tsss!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:54 am

NicotineLL wrote:Changing the browser in Preferences will take effect the next time you create a new project. It will not change your current project's settings.

Okay, didn't see that coming. Rather like a word document having a variable in it that controls where it prints, rather than the user just deciding whilst using word.

Thanks, that solved it, NicotineLL.

Though I just tested my issues with 'newline' and find it wasn't a new problem exclusive to chrome. But that's something for my other thread
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?