How do I ...preview my app before XDK submission?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hello all,

I there a way to preview my app (with ads) other than building (XDK) and downloading to my phone. I recently had an issue with trying to get ad banners to show. To verify my app shows ads I had to:

Build the app in XDK.

Send the URL for the APK to my phone.

Download to my phone.

Run the app.

This seems cumbersome and its very time consuming. Especially as I did not get the ads to run and 90% of my time was spent repeating the above procedure.

Is there an emulator or a method that allows us to view our app and its ad placements BEFORE using the time and resources to build and download as described above?

Thanks!

• JLH1964 In the XDK there is a tab at the top called Emulate.

• But it doesn't emulate ads. JLH1964 your described process is what I have to go through as well. I'm doing it right now in fact and it's a pain. At the moment my banner ad is showing but not the interstitial. I have to do this multiple times.

• But it doesn't emulate ads. JLH1964 your described process is what I have to go through as well. I'm doing it right now in fact and it's a pain. At the moment my banner ad is showing but not the interstitial. I have to do this multiple times.

I agree - makes the process much more time consuming than it has to be.

BTW - Ironically, my interstitials show but my banners do not. What release are you using? I'm on r183 and for the life of me I cant get a banner to show.

• Yeah I can't work it out, you might've seen my thread on it. But at least I know it's a matter of not getting the ads from Admob, it's nothing I'm doing wrong AFAIK. I'm using R184.

• codah JLH1964 Both my ads work. In the Xdk what third party plugin are you using ? the one that takes 2% revenue or the new one(cranberrys)?

• codah JLH1964 Both my ads work. In the Xdk what third party plugin are you using ? the one that takes 2% revenue or the new one(cranberrys)?

New one. com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob. I might try in another app and see if that's any different. How does it work? If we request an interstitial, should we always get one? I just assumed.

• codah OK yes cranberrys is the one to use. I'm taking screenshots of how I have it I'll update this post with this in a little bit(updated). You should get one if you request it sometimes it takes a couple seconds(5-20ish) to load it depend on internet speed. Both games in my signature use banner and interstitial if you want to see what it should look like.

Project window admob selected

[attachment=2:2y9dik4j][/attachment:2y9dik4j]

put this at in start of layout you dont have to put it in a subevent like I did it work placed in start of layout Ijust have the option to but a IAP to remove ads

[attachment=1:2y9dik4j][/attachment:2y9dik4j]

I have this placed in my first layout(loadngscreen) I dont know if thats wheres it's supossed to go but it works

[attachment=0:2y9dik4j][/attachment:2y9dik4j]

• Scrap the ads. Ads are annoying and distracting. Just set a price!

• Tekniko That's how I feel when I'm watching TV. But then I choose not to buy pay-TV/cable. I also use ad supported apps all the time myself. I intend to have ad-free versions of mine also. But I will definitely listen to any and all words of wisdom that I can get!

volkiller730 that looks pretty much like what I have but I'll have a closer look soon thanks.

• Scrap the ads. Ads are annoying and distracting. Just set a price!

I average $700 - 800 per month using AdMob ads. I sell approx. 10 'full versions' at 99c per month.

Let me see.....do I want $800 per month or $10 per month.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Scrap the ads. Ads are annoying and distracting. Just set a price!

>

I average $700 - 800 per month using AdMob ads. I sell approx. 10 'full versions' at 99c per month.

Let me see.....do I want $800 per month or $10 per month.

Proof.

• Not that I have to but....

[attachment=0:3qwnf6xl][/attachment:3qwnf6xl]

• JLH1964 that would be a nice earner, I'd love to emulate that! Can you link to your games?

Tekniko I do hear you about ads. I'm trying to make mine minimally intrusive/annoying. Android users' buying habits are just unfortunate. Ironically I think it's the more expensive 'premium' games that sell and 0.99 casual games that don't (with, I'm sure, notable exceptions). I'm in the second category.

• so? how do i preview my app ads before building it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)