How do I ...preview my app before XDK submission?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Tekniko wrote:Scrap the ads. Ads are annoying and distracting. Just set a price!


I average $700 - 800 per month using AdMob ads. I sell approx. 10 'full versions' at 99c per month.

Let me see.....do I want $800 per month or $10 per month. :)
B
15
S
2
Posts: 229
Reputation: 1,353

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:59 pm

JLH1964 wrote:
Tekniko wrote:Scrap the ads. Ads are annoying and distracting. Just set a price!


I average $700 - 800 per month using AdMob ads. I sell approx. 10 'full versions' at 99c per month.

Let me see.....do I want $800 per month or $10 per month. :)

Proof.
B
56
S
15
G
13
Posts: 826
Reputation: 17,675

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Not that I have to but.... ;)

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
15
S
2
Posts: 229
Reputation: 1,353

Post » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:15 pm

@JLH1964 that would be a nice earner, I'd love to emulate that! Can you link to your games?
@Tekniko I do hear you about ads. I'm trying to make mine minimally intrusive/annoying. Android users' buying habits are just unfortunate. Ironically I think it's the more expensive 'premium' games that sell and 0.99 casual games that don't (with, I'm sure, notable exceptions). I'm in the second category.
B
24
S
9
G
4
Posts: 1,646
Reputation: 6,596

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm

so? how do i preview my app ads before building it?
B
9
S
1
Posts: 18
Reputation: 568

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:44 pm

PaulGhs wrote:so? how do i preview my app ads before building it?


I'm not sure you can. I tried using 'BlueStacks' that allows you to run an APK on the desktop but most C2 generated APKs wont run in BlueStacks for some reason so that's pretty much useless.

It really is a time-waster as you have to basically publish your app just to see if ads are running OK.

Does anyone have a solution?
B
15
S
2
Posts: 229
Reputation: 1,353

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:35 pm

You don't have to publish it, just build in the XDK then install the APK directly.
B
24
S
9
G
4
Posts: 1,646
Reputation: 6,596

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 pm

codah wrote:You don't have to publish it, just build in the XDK then install the APK directly.


I understand that but my point was that by the time you get to actually testing/viewing the ads, you have taken all the build steps and have a package that is ready to publish. :)
B
15
S
2
Posts: 229
Reputation: 1,353

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 pm

Yea I know.. kind of tedious. You could simulate ads yourself in C2 I guess :) To organise your UI around them or whatever. Maybe a plugin.
B
24
S
9
G
4
Posts: 1,646
Reputation: 6,596

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:25 pm

codah wrote:Yea I know.. kind of tedious. You could simulate ads yourself in C2 I guess :) To organise your UI around them or whatever. Maybe a plugin.


My issue is that I usually forget to turn off 'Test' ads or use incorrect credentials in the plugin. Then I have to start the whole export/build process all over again. It'd be ideal if ads worked in XDK - I wonder why they don't. I'm assuming its because the 'plugin' is added at build time. Too bad we cant do a pre-build or something.
B
15
S
2
Posts: 229
Reputation: 1,353

Previous

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tannerdler and 22 guests