How do I preview my mobile game via a WIRED connection?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • There is an issue with my router or wifi preventing me from previewing.

Is there a way to preview by plugging my phone into my laptop?

I don't think there's one. Well, you can use your phone's data connection by opening the hotspot.

• hotspot would allow testing bypassing my router?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hotspot would allow testing bypassing my router?

I don't know what you mean by that, but, if you open your hotspot connection by using your phone. Your PC and your phone will have the same connection. Sorry!

What mobile OS do you have? iOS, Android, WP, ... - and what OS is on your laptop?

Depending on which constellation of OSs you got, normally theres always a way to build a tethered connection between your phone and your laptop/computer (not sure about Samsung, Sony, ... devices - they don't even know what they are doing on mobile market - so that feature may be disabled without rooting it).

If you got your tethered connection built up via micro-USB/Lightning/whatever-cable, run 'ipconfig'/'ifconfig'/whatever-command-outputs-your-computers-IP on your desktop/laptop and write down the IP dedicated to the tethered network (not likely the 192.168.x.x- address which is normally your home-network). Enter that IP on your mobiles browser while its beeing tethered and see what happens.

This will be a direct-access onto your device. Maybe you also have to adjust the selected port on your desktops/laptops firewall (if any is configured). Keep in mind that this is _not_ comparable to a WAN-remote-connection - some things might not work - or will work but later not.

Best practice for you could be possible resetting your home-router and reconfiguring it properly.

Have a great day,

Proxy

# Edit: if you are running Windows 10 on your laptop: go to Settings (the metro-app-ish one) and enter "Hotspot" in the search bar. There you got the menu "Change mobile hotspot settings" - just hit the on/off switch to activate an ad-hoc network from your laptop (if your WIFI-card supports this!). SSID and its password are displayed in the middle of the page (to change those you have to disable the hotspot and re-enable it after doing changes). This is possibly the easiest way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)