How do I procedural animate ring/pie timer?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm not sure quite what else to call it. Attached capx is the first idea that came to mind, but it seems clunky, and I'm wondering if there is a better approach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:24 am

@TiAm

how about something like this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:28 pm

@spongehammer:

Thanks for the capx. Your approach looks great, but makes way too many objects for my game. I came up with another solution, which I'll post when I get it done, but mine is a trade off too: I need two 'force own texture' layers to accomplish the necessary masking. It's enough to make my iGPU hurt.

Once I post the capx, maybe someone else can figure out how to do it on one layer; masking makes my head hurt. :(

In the end, I think I'm going to go with a hybrid approach: spawning 4-8 segments and animating them the old fashioned way: multiple frames. :roll:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Here's the version using @spongehammer sprite and Paster plugin.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:20 pm

@shinkan

Thanks for the post. I'll be on my desktop a little later, and I'll give it a spin. I'd forgot about the paster plugin!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Better late than never. Here is a procedural approach using 4 objects (two masks and two ring halves) that can display any kind of pie animation.

WARNING: this uses two 'force own texture' layers, so it's probably not a good approach for mobile.

OTHER WARNING: this is very much unfinished. The basic functionality works, but there are a lot of bells and whistles that don't work yet (I got a little overzealous :lol: ). If you have a lot of different pies that will be animating a lot of different ways, this might be useful. Otherwise, shinkan's approach should be alot more straightforward and funtional. Make of it what you will.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?