How do I program a Yoshi Flutter Jump

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:51 am

I and a friend are trying to program the player of our game to have a Yoshi-esque flutter jump. So it would be like a double jump but on the second jump it turns into a slow hover that build up propulsion, like he's fighting to stay in the air. We where trying to make it from pure code but we honestly don't know where to start. We've messed around with gravity setting but nothings coming out right. We would love to hear some ideas that would point us in the right direction.

here's a link of what we are trying to achive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYqmMW-C5M
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Use sine behaviour. When second jump is trigger set Y position determined by sine movement for few second then disable the jump function. Just raw explanation from me, maybe I will make an example for your case.

EDIT
here I create flutter jump example ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 am

Thanks! That works great! I'm barely getting into Sine behavior, can't wait to experiment with the capx.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Oh well good to hear that from you. Valuable experience for me to figure out how this unique jump works.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?