How do I program this?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • How would I program this? What I have to do is make is so the character of my game when crouching (down arrow) is held down he will play the animation "Charge" after this is down he was will be in a super state. During this super state he will be twice as fast.

Something Else I need help with is, during this super state my main character should be able to do a "flash jump." When holding control then pressing left or right my character should be able to sprang forward. After doing this once he will lost his "super state."

Sorry if I'm asking for a lot!

• Sooo let me see if I got this straight...

I press and hold the down arrow, then I press either left or right arrows while also holding the ctl key... sound like a game of finger twister.

Questions:

Do you press down and let go to activate super state, or hold?

Is this a platformer, side scroller, or other style. Which?

How far forward are we "spranging"? Is this a jump action or a lunge type move?

Does Super State have a timer or burn out period if never used?

Answers these and I can probably throw something together as an example.

• Thanks for replying!

On to the questions:

You hold the down arrow for about 1 second then the character will charge, once the charge animation is done, the character will then be able to move twice the speed for, I'll say 5 seconds. (once charged you can let go of the down key)

This is a platformer.

It can go about 10 pixels. (I can always change it myself if it isn't far/too far)

If not used super state will burn out after 5 seconds.

• Is it a jump action or a lunge?

Lunge would be a (here) ---------zoom------------------>(now here)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah k, it's a lunge,

• Ahh ok, give me a little bit and I will throw a sample together

• Here you go, this is done using the platform behavior with the jump set to space instead of up arrow (since we were using it for powering up).

Its pretty straight forward so you should be able to tell what everything is doing.

• Thanks! You really helped.

Ha ha, realized how far I was off with pixel distances.

• Here you go, this is done using the platform behavior with the jump set to space instead of up arrow (since we were using it for powering up).

nvm, got it, can't believe how easy this was, I feel dumb

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)