How do I publish to IOS?

0 favourites
  • I have been working at this for weeks now and still can't get it to work. I have a working Android version that I used Intel XDK to build. I have followed multiple tutorials and still cannot play the game on an IOS device or through xcode. I am following various Ejecta Tutorials and bringing the game from PC to Mac. Most of them involve me downloading Ejecta, unzipping the game on a mac, replacing some files within my App, then adding the folder to the Ejecta folder.

Here are the issues I get:

Recently I have gotten to the game center log in screen, but then it says my game is not recognized. I have created the app id, linked game center ids, created a sandbox account, and enabled it in xcode. If I hit cancel, I get a black screen.

I exported a build without game center, disabled game center/IAP under capabilities and now every build fails and it says Auth failed.

Can someone help me with these or at least point me to a recent tutorial? Everything seems to be outdated since they say to export using Ejecta when that is no longer an option.

• Does the lack of an answer mean no one here has successfully published an App to IOS from construct recently, or that I am having a very unique experience?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have the same kind of experience as you. Healer Quest works perfectly on Android (IAP + Leaderboards and achievements), but I'm still litterally STRUGGLING with iOS export. I first tried using Intel XDK (which I'm using for Android) but despite I had approval from Apple, the IAP weren't working.

Then I tried exporting with Phonegap Build, but now my submission was refused (2 times) because of Game Center... And I still wasn't able to test the IAP using Phonegap Build. With 1-2 weeks between each submission, it takes a lot of time, and I've been unable to use sandbox mode successfully up to now to test IAP without receiving official approval.

From my experience, it's impossible to get help on export to iOS problems on this forum. Most of my post on the subject either have received no reply, or unuseful onces. My guess is that most people simply don't know how to do it. I also haven't been able to find a recent tutorial about how to export to iOS with IAP working, while they are dozen of Android tutorials + the very active Intel XDK Crosswalk experiences thread. Guys from Intel are always ready to help, which makes exporting with XDK much easier.

I'll tell you when my game will be successfully exported to iOS, and will try to explain how I managed to do it (if it happens ^^').

Good luck !

• I used the XDK it works great and you export the same way you do android. just make sure before submitting to test on a real device

Rable have you tried Cranberrygame plugin it works for me

• Same here - I used XDK and no issue (portrait mode with admob plugin). I used the same process as for Android but obviously used the iOS build option(s). I use an old Macbook to submit the iap file to the market. My last submitted app to the market was January

PS - Especially for iOS, dont trust the XDK emulator. Things that didnt run in the emulator ran fine on my iPhone.

• Thanks guys, I'll try XDK one more time.

volkiller730 What's weird is that I tried XDK (iOS export) + Cranberry game plugin, got approved (the true approval), released the game in Belgium only for a few hours to test if IAP were working... And they weren't. I got "Store Listing Failed" every time I requested it. And the code was exactly the same than on Android (which was working fine).

It seems that by now XDK export supports Construct2 IAP plugin too, so that's something else to try.

Other random problems I had with XDK export to iOS are landscape mode not locking (I think there is a plugin for that) and music launching only after a click on iPad Air 2 (but I guess putting all music inside the sound folder should do the trick).

• HI JLH1964 - volkiller730

I am trying har to get my done for iOS - runs really fine i crosswalk (portrait mode with admob plugin)

I got registred as app dev and got a mac mini.

Follow this turorial https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1353/h ... lkphonegap

BUT having problem with the how to do the certificate things

seams a I get stuck when I shall export as .p12 ( the option is greyed out)

Would be greatfull for some step by step help In how you get it running

Regards

Flemming

• Alternatively:

Export project from C2 as 'Ejecta' to 'www' folder of a blank XDK project.

Export same project from C2 as 'Android' to same 'www' folder.

Build as iOS app.

This creates a valid iOS 'ipa' file that you can publish to the Apple store. I've successfully listed 5 apps on the Apple app store using this process.

Good luck.

• Yeeahhh got it running .. now adhoc on my ipad

This guy has a tutor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_bqyt ... Pdb1qXC68A

in signing stuff

BUT there are no test-banner (use the admob plugin)

this works fine on android

• I used the XDK it works great and you export the same way you do android. just make sure before submitting to test on a real device

Rable have you tried Cranberrygame plugin it works for me

Same here - I used XDK and no issue (portrait mode with admob plugin). I used the same process as for Android but obviously used the iOS build option(s). I use an old Macbook to submit the iap file to the market. My last submitted app to the market was January

PS - Especially for iOS, dont trust the XDK emulator. Things that didnt run in the emulator ran fine on my iPhone.

Alternatively:

Export project from C2 as 'Ejecta' to 'www' folder of a blank XDK project.

Export same project from C2 as 'Android' to same 'www' folder.

Build as iOS app.

This creates a valid iOS 'ipa' file that you can publish to the Apple store. I've successfully listed 5 apps on the Apple app store using this process.

Good luck.

Thanks! So what is the workflow? What should I export the C2 file as in order to get it working for IOS in Intel XDK? The Ejecta export option is no longer in my C2 options. Do I have to re install it via a plugin or something?

• JLH1964 Hey, would it be possible to PM me your email, I have a few questions and maybe it's best not to hog this thread/forum with it?

• Export as cordova

• JLH1964 Hey, would it be possible to PM me your email, I have a few questions and maybe it's best not to hog this thread/forum with it?

I respectfully disagree. The process of information benefits all.

My workflow was as described in a previous post. I believe that 'Ejecta' is still available as an export option (may be hidden as an option) but haven't tried iOS apps in a month or so. All I know is I first went the route of using xcode etc and it was a nightmare. My process worked (for me) and passed Apples verification process.

• Export to Cordova is working for me, what its not working are the IAP, not even locally with test mode set to yes.

I have this issues:

• Purchase doesnt works
    • I dont even get the purchaseFail triggered.
    • Is store available always returns FALSE
    • Get store listing doesnt work, It never calls on store listing received.

I have also tried to use the Cranberry plugin, still not working, same results.

I hope someone in Scirra can help us with this, seems that this has been an obscure topic for some time.

• Export to Cordova is working for me, what its not working are the IAP, not even locally with test mode set to yes.

I have this issues:

- Purchase doesnt works

- I dont even get the purchaseFail triggered.

- Is store available always returns FALSE

- Get store listing doesnt work, It never calls on store listing received.

I have also tried to use the Cranberry plugin, still not working, same results.

I hope someone in Scirra can help us with this, seems that this has been an obscure topic for some time.

hazneliel

Have you been able to export to iOS with IAP running successfully yet? Here I still get the store listing always failing, Up to now I'm exporting with adhoc provisionning profile (using intel XDK), could it be the cause of the store listing failing?

Could I release the game with adhoc or do I need a production provisionning profile?

I've been unable to make the production profile to work at the moment. Intel XDK always returns "Build Failed". Should be a problem with the signing process I guess...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)