How do I put Icons on Intel XDK

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Yes I am constantly getting a broken image Glitch as seen here

that is all I need to complete to finish my app

is the icons/splash screen but always ends up breaking once uploaded to the intel xdk
B

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:53 am

Welcome to the forum. 😊

Icons have to be in the same directorty as the .xdk file. Also, i think they have to be png's. Does that help?
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:14 am

I have tried those methods placing icons in same directory and png format
same result intel xdk after I upload it on it breaks the image
Thanks for the welcome ^^
B

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:55 am

About over five hours in I realized this YOU NEED too put in the icons before you export it if you try to put in the icons after you export it (in my case I was dragging the icons into the folder after it finished)
Intel XDK WILL count it as a broken and invalid image THIS IS exceedingly important and please this will save you time if you are working with the same format as me dont make the same mistake import your icons in CONSTRUCT 2 first before exporting
B

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:49 am

@cruzcontrol31 thats not how it works it might of made it work for you but as said above it just needs to be in the directory
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:37 am

cruzcontrol31 wrote:About over five hours in I realized this YOU NEED too put in the icons before you export it if you try to put in the icons after you export it (in my case I was dragging the icons into the folder after it finished)
Intel XDK WILL count it as a broken and invalid image THIS IS exceedingly important and please this will save you time if you are working with the same format as me dont make the same mistake import your icons in CONSTRUCT 2 first before exporting

You're a life saver!
Me not see bugs!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 am

Totally2d wrote:You're a life saver!

This thread was 3 years ago and following this advice you won't be able to put the icons properly.
Intel XDK has a new version that creates a folder for you to put the icons in outside of C2.

Export C2 to Cordova, create your icons and splash screen separately then when you try to add icons in XDk, click on any of the add icon options then XDK will create a separate folder for you to paste your icons in.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?