How do I Put player on foreground and objects on background

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:33 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:You still have the player on the lowest layer. Right click on sprite and move it to the layer named "layer 0" in your case. Then right click on the player again and set z order "move to top". Done

I can't upload the capX again because I have a higher C2 version than you. But do as described above and you'll be fine. Just remember that if you want something to be in front of something else the sprite you want in front always have to be on a layer above the other objects layer. The name of the layers doesn't matter. The order of the layer fron top down makes the difference.

Wow This worked ! Thankyou very much .. It worked.. so happy... i started the game yesterday watching a tutorial ... u r awesome :mrgreen:
B

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:21 pm

Glad it worked. The best thing you could do is to place all background sprites on the lowest layer. Like the background, the ground and trees etc. Then you can have a layer for only the player above that one. And if you want to have stuff in front of the player you can have a layer called "foreground" or something for all objects you want to be in front of the player. Then you can make it look like the player walks in tall grass or behind a wall or whatever.

But just keep in mind the order of the objects and the layers and you'll get the hang of it. Good luck! :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:50 pm

please make it to 204.2 version. Im using 204.2 version.
B

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:51 am

I can't downgrade but you should update to the latest stable release of C2.

https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r206
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?