How do I "smooth" rotate an object with the mouse

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • Hello !

I'd like to create a game such as Reus.

I have one circle sprite (for the earth) and i would like it to "smooth" rotate with my mouse. Such as if there was a touch scroll all around the earth which would make it rotate around its own center.

Do you have any idea how to do that ?

Thank you,

Thomeuxe

• I'm thinking of using the Physics Behavior and using torques and angular velocity but how can I get the swipe movement of the mouse ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you want to touch screen - touch anywhere, and while you touching and moving your finger circle should rotate? But rotate only when you are moving your finger.

• That's it.

I'd like to do it smooth : when you release the touch, the rotation slows down to 0.

So when you touch and move your mouse/finger in any direction, the circle rotate in this direction and you release your mouse/touch, the rotation stops. And you touch again at the same place to continue the rotation (such as android/iphone touch scroll)

• Something like this?

• I've finally done it, thanks to your help for the scroll (I wanted to enable a 360° scroll).

I used the behavior rotation combined with Touch.SpeedAt to continue the rotation after the user releases the touch (and a positive/negative acceleration depending on wich side it's turning to make it stop).

Here is my .capx for those who might have the same question :

[attachment=0:2umkttaw][/attachment:2umkttaw]

Thank you Shinkan

• ahh, I misunderstood your question a bit.

But I'm glad you were able to solved it yourself.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)