• 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Hi, using websocket, my client recevie this :

var data =

{"c2dictionary":true,

"data":{

"contenu":{

"0":{"id":1,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},

"1":{"id":2,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},

"2":{"id":3,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":516,"screen_y":373},

"3":{"id":4,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":639,"screen_y":287}},

"return":"load_objects_return"

}}

It works very good. I can see the whole JSON string in console. I used to load my json message into a dictionnary (called jmessage) so it's very convenient to reach data.

In that case I do :

Jmessage : Load JSON from string data

then :

jmessage.get("return")

is correct with "load_object_return" as value. But jmessage.get("contenu") is supposed to contain the object list :

:{

"0":{"id":1,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},

"1":{"id":2,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},

"2":{"id":3,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":516,"screen_y":373},

"3":{"id":4,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":639,"screen_y":287}}

but it returns 0. I believe that's because a dictionnary can not contain a object list as a value.

So how can I do to retrieve the object list from the original string data ?

UPDATE : I realize the nested data wasn't at the C2 dictionary format. So I changed the string like this :

{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"contenu":{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"0":{"id":1,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},"1":{"id":2,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":202,"screen_y":314},"2":{"id":3,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":516,"screen_y":373},"3":{"id":4,"what":"rock","qt":1,"owner_id":59,"screen_x":639,"screen_y":287}}},"return":"load_objects_return"}}

So I can load jmessage.get("contenu") as a dictionnary. But this one remains empty from data. Because it's supposed to load values and not objects ... I don't need to store the objects but I would need to list it in a loop...

UPDATE 2 :

I managed to load some json object data into an array.

But i'm unable to extract it !

In debug mode I can see there is the data into the array.

But when I do :

foreach X,Y,Z from Array

log Array.CurValue

and str(Array.CurValue) doesn't help ...

Can you help, anyone ?

• check this [plugin] JSON

{
    	"0": {
    		"id": 1,
    		"what": "rock",
    		"qt": 1,
    		"owner_id": 59,
    		"screen_x": 202,
    		"screen_y": 314
    	},
    	"1": {
    		"id": 2,
    		"screen_x": 250,
    		"screen_y": 314
    	},
    	"2": {
    		"id": 3,
    		"screen_x": 516,
    		"screen_y": 373
    	},
    	"3": {
    		"id": 4,
    		"screen_x": 639,
    		"screen_y": 287
    	}
    }[/code:3f1k6ccl]

[url=https://app.box.com/s/jdmylg8x6jyujcz8v6eubimw28zb2e5o]json2example.capx[/url]
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ho well thanks, I managed to use the plugin. Now I'm just afraid I wasted my time with dictionnaries ? We'll see.

• Your format is wrong. This is what a dictionary of dictionaries looks like, in C2:

{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"dict2":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"one\":\"data 1\",\"two\":\"data 2\"}}","dict3":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"d3_one\":\"some more data\"}}"}}

The general format must match, or it won't work.

• I see, thanks Blackhornet. The JSON plugin also do it better in the end.

• ho well thanks, I managed to use the plugin. Now I'm just afraid I wasted my time with dictionnaries ? We'll see.

Yea, JSON support is one of C2's weak spots. The plugins are far better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)