How do I realize "front view" level?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Is it possible to make on C2 such thing like the city in this game https:// chiptune.itch.io/zepton ?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Yes, possible, but the math involved could be quite difficult.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:57 pm

oosyrag wrote:Yes, possible, but the math involved could be quite difficult.

Thanks for reply, but maybe you can put in more details?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:07 pm

Basically I would simulate a Z depth for every object with an instance variable that starts at 0 (farthest away) and gradually increases. This Z would be used as a multiplier for size so it looks like objects get bigger as they get closer to you, as well as a modifier for position. It would also be used to set conditions for collisions, such as if the player and object are around the same depth.

Sorry I don't have an example or actual numbers, the math is beyond me to put together quickly.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:46 am

oosyrag wrote:Basically I would simulate a Z depth for every object with an instance variable that starts at 0 (farthest away) and gradually increases. This Z would be used as a multiplier for size so it looks like objects get bigger as they get closer to you, as well as a modifier for position. It would also be used to set conditions for collisions, such as if the player and object are around the same depth.
Sorry I don't have an example or actual numbers, the math is beyond me to put together quickly.

Thanks, yes I have similar thoughts about it.
Anyway it would be great if someone can share any sketches devoted to this theme.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:51 pm

And ok, we can generate objects using Z-depth and size increasing, but what we can do with a textured floor moving in front of us?
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Textured floor I would imagine using a mode 7 plugin would be easiest. I think I saw one floating around but I'm not sure. Otherwise, you could just build it out of overlapping pieces, I think that is how it is done in your example.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?