How do I Recover an Unsaved Project?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Is there a way I can recover a project I didn't save? Construct 2 shut down randomly while I was working on something for 3 hours straight. :/

• you could use your backup

• How? EDIT: Respond quickly please, I gtg soon, thx in advance

• Go to your project folder and rename the backup file to project.capx (or "what you want".cpax) and it should work.

• It was the first time I had started the project. There is no project folder! :/

I tried recreating the original project and it did it again. This is not my comp causing the problem, I swear

• I suggest you to backup all your project even if you just started it to avoid this problem next time

• Have you got the backup and autosave features enabled?

What type of device are you saving to: local, external or cloud?

If local: are you trying to save to a sytem restricted folder? Newer Windows systems don't generally allow saving anywhere except the logged in 'Users' folder structure.

• Have you got the backup and autosave features enabled?

What type of device are you saving to: local, external or cloud?

If local: are you trying to save to a sytem restricted folder? Newer Windows systems don't generally allow saving anywhere except the logged in 'Users' folder structure.

Thanks for the reply, but I fixed my problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could you find a way to recover the file? I'am facing the same problem, haven't saved either and there is no folder (that I know of) to recover an autosave or backup. Please help, been working on a project for very long before my laptop crashed.

• Could you find a way to recover the file? I'am facing the same problem, haven't saved either and there is no folder (that I know of) to recover an autosave or backup. Please help, been working on a project for very long before my laptop crashed.

Enable autobackup in your C2 right now (for next projects).

And no, there is no quick way. There are softwares that scans your disk drive to recover files but it's not easy and when you want to recover something you have to stop using the laptop because any action writes on your disk, so you are risking to re-write the sector where your file was.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)