How do I redeem a License

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi there!
In december I bought Construct 2 on Steam. I'm using it in my free time and it's AWESOME!
I was trying some of the examples here on the site but it seems that the steam version of construct isn't the same available here on the site.
Can I also redeem a Personal License here on the site from my steam product?

Thanks!
B

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:43 pm

nikteddy wrote:Hi there!
In december I bought Construct 2 on Steam. I'm using it in my free time and it's AWESOME!
I was trying some of the examples here on the site but it seems that the steam version of construct isn't the same available here on the site.

Thanks!

You need to email this question directly to scirra here [email protected]
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:49 pm

nikteddy wrote:Hi there!

Thanks!

Sorry, i've made a mistake i guess, you need to email here [email protected]
Doublepost for make op alerted.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:50 pm

As I don't have steam, I'm quoting from @DUTOIT POST HERE: https://www.scirra.com/forum/how-do-i-get-span-class-posthilit-beta-span-on-span-class-posthilit_p698309?#p698309

You just need to opt in for the betas through steam.
Steam - Settings - look bottom beta participation.
Select.

Downside is you will be using a beta steam version. But you can then select other program betas via there own properties
C2 - properties - betas - select "Beta - Construct 2 beta updates"
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:39 pm

I sent the e-mail to see if it is possible to have the license also on the site.
Aaaaand I activated the Beta on Steam!

Thank you all guys for the help!
B

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks for the info guys. Was wanting to update to steam personal r176 as well, but couldn't find how until now. (publishing to the scirra arcade required the latest beta.)

Also important - Install the free version on steam as well, and enable beta on both the free and personal accounts.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:09 am

Pretty sure that the steam license and one bought from this site are totally different and not interchangeable. Using search brought these responses from Ashley:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/span-class-posthilit-steam-span-personal-span-class-posthilit-licen_p670846?#p670846

https://www.scirra.com/forum/construct-2-span-class-posthilit-steam-span-worst-purchase-of-my-li_p725868?#p725868

https://www.scirra.com/forum/doesn-039-t-launch-with-span-class-posthilit-steam-span_p669182?#p669182

TL:DR

If you purchase a license from steam, then steam handle all the authorization and licensing issues. If you purchase from this site, then you get a redeem code and the license is a physical key file.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:17 pm

zenox98 wrote:Pretty sure that the steam license and one bought from this site are totally different and not interchangeable.

Yeah, thank you for your help.
Today Julien replied from the support confirming this to me.

IndieKiwi wrote:Also important - Install the free version on steam as well, and enable beta on both the free and personal accounts.

I don't get it.. Why?
B

Return to How do I....?