How do I reduce bulk capx image sizes?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:32 pm

90% of my game lag comes from big pretty images, and layouts as big as 120,000 x 5000. What I need to do, is reduce all images down in size, so that I can change the layout size. I doubt scale will reduce loading time. So is there a way to get into the capx files, and bulk change image sizes by %, for me to then open the cap in Construct with every image smaller, say half size, and ready for me to move around a bit and change layout size?

Thanks.
- Head of Tall Story Studios.

Creator of GOV, Project Abyss, Spiritlands & more!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Kenthria wrote:90% of my game lag comes from big pretty images, and layouts as big as 120,000 x 5000. What I need to do, is reduce all images down in size, so that I can change the layout size. I doubt scale will reduce loading time. So is there a way to get into the capx files, and bulk change image sizes by %, for me to then open the cap in Construct with every image smaller, say half size, and ready for me to move around a bit and change layout size?

Thanks.

The layout is so big, I am sure that there are numerous instances in the layout. There are many optimization tips and guides you can read to know what you may have missed:

https://www.scirra.com/blog/83/optimisa ... -your-time

https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips

fuzzy-ram-optimization-and-object-count_t82952

https://www.scirra.com/blog/ashley/10/h ... erer-works

Hope you find your answers in some of this too.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:29 pm

I've noticed that scirra says that if you rename a ex-capx file that has been made a zip, been extracted and rezipped, back to a .capx, that construct will open it. This hasn't been the case for me.
- Head of Tall Story Studios.

Creator of GOV, Project Abyss, Spiritlands & more!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:51 am

Kenthria wrote:I've noticed that scirra says that if you rename a ex-capx file that has been made a zip, been extracted and rezipped, back to a .capx, that construct will open it. This hasn't been the case for me.

Yes. That usually works. I don't really understand what you mean. But re-zipping extracted construct2 files is readable and supported by construct2 maybe there is something that conflicts it.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?