How do I reduce the cpu usage within an app

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:16 am

Is 60% CPU usage on Windows Phone is normal? Despite it being 3-4% on desktop?

Extra info from the developers on this:
When you run the game immediately after opening the app when CPU utilisation is virtually 0% you see that running the game results in a 60% uptick in CPU usage. This happens whenever you run the game which is why the game runs ok sometimes and not other as the 60% uptick sometimes takes the total over a hundred and sometimes it doesn't.
Last edited by Bolser on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 am

Could you answer these questions?

- What kind of wrapper are you using to play the game on windows phone?
- How did you get the 60% CPU usage number?
- What are the specs of the phone compared to the specs of the desktop?

Like I said before:

I can see no reason this game should have issues if exported, wrapped and distributed in the right way.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:38 am

- What kind of wrapper are you using to play the game on windows phone?
The game is hosted on an external URL and loaded into a webview control on the phone. Embedding the game locally in the Windows Phone app using the Construct2 plugin results in the same performance.

- How did you get the 60% CPU usage number?
Using the Visual Studio CPU usage monitoring tools.

- What are the specs of the phone compared to the specs of the desktop?
I don't know for sure CPU will be many times slower, it is for various windows phones so that will vary. My computer is high spec but all the C2 sample games use a more CPU than mine does if that helps!
B

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

- If you play the game through the browser itself, does it have the same issues?

You've probably already read these tutorials which might be of help (ordered by publication date newest-oldest):

1- https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/993/ho ... store-apps
2- https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/593/wi ... onstruct-2
3- https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/429/ho ... hone-8-app
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:07 pm

No, it's fine. Also fine if you go straight to the game on the app, if you deviate round the site, or play again that when it freezes...

I've seen those posts but was advised that they won't make a difference and better to use a hosted html5 version. Do you think that's incorrect and i should be doing it like the links suggest. We exported a version early on as Windows 8, which didn't help, but I think it's worth doing it with this plugin if the app allows...
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?