How do I reduce the File Size of APK?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:22 am

um anyone know better solution in this?
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:49 pm

If the file is big, check your graphics, transparencies and FX, maybe there is something that is eating up a lot of space?
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Shack wrote:If the file is big, check your graphics, transparencies and FX, maybe there is something that is eating up a lot of space?

you mean during the intelXDK process?
Thx anyway for reply hehe.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:22 pm

GEEKEV wrote:
ex32 wrote:use winrar , it works for me.

@ex32 loler try with 7-zip its better .... [/rant]
what do you mean? user 'winrar' to make APK file lol?

And, other guys, is there any better solution by now to reduce APK file size and performs good in all different mobile device?

For what you are asking, the answer it wont be , reduce the APK file from the compiler, but the solution to your question will be optimization tips for graphics and sounds, 1 tip if you have sounds , and u only upload for android u can take OGG out or Mp4 not sure wich one is for ios and which is for android, u only need for each of them 1 type of file, android only ogg, i know for sure , the other 1 is for ios, and wav was for html5 but that got updated and u dont need to worrie about it, remove the audio files you dont export 2 , second tip for u is PNG compression,(not the one from c2 cause its gonna make ur game slower) , try using websites that compresses pngs, and keeps quality of it , 1 good example for that is (tinypng [dot] com) and if ur game is still big, u need to choose what type of APK u will export(cordova is compressing bigtime, also phonegap, what i used most of times that is not creating to many buggs and its acceptable as size , default android compiler for android from intel xdk... not sure if u using that.) , next tip will be for your code optimization, remove any unnecessary lines, or loops(as everytick, or similar actions that are always true e.g" is actor alive loop 100 times,. you should read the manual and the tutorials they are a few out) . the last part will allow ur game run cleaner using less cpu even if it has a bigger size, but i doubt it, im guessing u want a size somewhere at 2 mb? but ur game is 13mb? thats nothing most apk 's in google play are 50 mb , and they run slow, if u run faster u win, on ios i dont know but basically its plicable to all apk, or any other formats even pc;s
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 pm

GEEKEV wrote:
Shack wrote:If the file is big, check your graphics, transparencies and FX, maybe there is something that is eating up a lot of space?

Don't waste your time. The XDK / Crosswalk process adds 18+ mb to even the smallest of games. A stripped down version of chrome is used so that our apps run on devices.

I have apps written in code that are compiled at less than 1mb using Eclipse, that same app in XDK / Crosswalk is 20mb.

It is what it is :)
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 am

GEEKEV wrote:

I mean the actual assets in construct. Unless what JLH1964 is true. I don't know for sure
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:29 am

Reduce by all graphics (.png or ,jpeg) and sounds ( 96/128 kbps )
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:22 am

@gamecorpstudio @JLH1964 @shack @iceangel
Thx for super long and detailed advice.
You know what's the shocking part? I didn't even do first tutorial yet lollll
I will try to work hard not to let you guys down hehe
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:40 am

GEEKEV wrote:@gamecorpstudio @JLH1964 @shack @iceangel
Thx for super long and detailed advice.
You know what's the shocking part? I didn't even do first tutorial yet lollll
I will try to work hard not to let you guys down hehe

our please, im amazed you understood anything i wrote there, without proper commas and exclamation marks. :))) i was not sleeping for the last 48 hrs, so i tend to talks weird and skip some important quotations. yes try read some tutorials, for optimization, they are like 10/15 will make u understand better the process. later need to kill a Indian in the hot-tub .
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:37 am

JLH1964 wrote:
GEEKEV wrote:

Don't waste your time. The XDK / Crosswalk process adds 18+ mb to even the smallest of games. A stripped down version of chrome is used so that our apps run on devices.

I have apps written in code that are compiled at less than 1mb using Eclipse, that same app in XDK / Crosswalk is 20mb.

It is what it is :)

Please tell me more about this "Eclipse" compiler.

Today I just built an APK using XDK from a 3mb sized folder, the APK size was 25mb and a whopping 75+ mb when installed.

So I built another prototype game with a 207 kb cordova folder and the output APK was 20 mb. HOLY SH***....
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?