Page 1 of 1

How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:08 pm
by GSquadron
Hi all,
I am still having this problem even after updating to the latest version of construct 2.
There is a black bar on every game I upload on the server.
It literally destroys part of the experience.
I have tried everything and this game is using layout settings as default.
This black bar is on top of the browser.
Image

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:04 pm
by randomly
We will need your .capx for this.
Could be related to the "fullscreen in browser" setting in the project properties.

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:52 am
by GSquadron
randomly wrote:We will need your .capx for this.
Could be related to the "fullscreen in browser" setting in the project properties.

Hi,
Even a complete blank file should show the black bar at the top.

Also here is what I got from the project:
Image

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:30 pm
by randomly
What is the result if you set "Fullscreen in browser" under the properties->configuration settings to "off"?

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:11 pm
by GSquadron
randomly wrote:What is the result if you set "Fullscreen in browser" under the properties->configuration settings to "off"?

Sorry for late response!
This is what I get:
Image

And I tried all of the available options, it seems like letterbox scale is the best one.
And it always shows that black bar on top when uploaded to the server.

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:45 pm
by randomly
Well, the image you uploaded shows no black bar inside the actual frame (the grey bounding box).
That means that what causes the black bar, is that your project's width and height don't match with the browser rendering window.

Could you try exporting to NW.js (all three checkboxes unchecked) and tell me what you see?

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:54 pm
by GSquadron
randomly wrote:Well, the image you uploaded shows no black bar inside the actual frame (the grey bounding box).
That means that what causes the black bar, is that your project's width and height don't match with the browser rendering window.

Could you try exporting to NW.js (all three checkboxes unchecked) and tell me what you see?

On nw.js it shows perfect. I think this has to do with the server configuration maybe. It adds that black line for some weird reason.
When I open the project on my browser from construct 2 run, it works fine.
When I upload the game, it adds the black bar.

The game has a resolution of 960x640.

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:18 am
by randomly
Where do you upload your game to if I may ask?
I probably can't help you anymore from this point on..

I still believe that the project property "Fullscreen in Browser" might be the issue.
But, seriously, I don't really know..

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:34 pm
by GSquadron
randomly wrote:Where do you upload your game to if I may ask?
I probably can't help you anymore from this point on..

I still believe that the project property "Fullscreen in Browser" might be the issue.
But, seriously, I don't really know..

I upload it on my own website.
Though I will need to try it on a different website to completely verify.

Re: How do I remove black bar at the top?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:27 pm
by fredriksthlm
you use letterbox.