How do I remove iOS Status Bar - Intel XDK

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Hello. I made a game that is also available on iOS. I use Intel XDK to build the file. But I'm getting stuck and really frustrated here ...
All I want to do is to remove iOS Status Bar.
I've been looking around for times but was unsuccessful. I mean, all the information, including on this forum and tutorials, is scattered and contradictory. There's no simple tutorial or anything to do that. I read all of these things: "It works well when building for iOS.", "I have problems with status bar", "I cannot hide status bar on iOS", "Is there a way to hide status bar on iOS?", "Tick 'Hide status bar' inside C2", "Tick 'Full Screen' inside C2", "Ticking 'Hide status bar' and 'Full Screen' doesn't work", "There's a plugin for that.", "Use StatusBar plugin.", "What to do with this plugin?", "Where can I get this plugin?", "What can I do?", "It's Intel XDK's fault, not ours", "It's C2's fault" etc.

Could somebody, please, write down the steps (and what to tick, select, add, plugins (with links) etc.) to remove iOS status bar when building with Intel XDK?
“The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.”
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Bump
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:01 am

I assume you are checking "Hide status bar" when exporting from C2?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm

CDogs1964 wrote:I assume you are checking "Hide status bar" when exporting from C2?

Yes, I do check "Hide status bar" in C2.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:03 pm

@grigrizljac Did you ever resolve this issue?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:59 pm

CDogs1964 wrote:@grigrizljac Did you ever resolve this issue?

Nope. I discontinued the development of that app. Also, I had too many troubles testing it on iPhone (couldn't test until it was uploaded to the App Store).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:46 am

@grigrizljac - I found a solution in another post that works. From user @correncec

I don't know if anybody's still needing help, but I managed to hide the bar by including the Status Bar plugin within Intel XDK and then from within my app, using the Browser's Execute Javascript action to call "StatusBar.hide();"
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 pm

CDogs1964 wrote:@grigrizljac - I found a solution in another post that works. From user @correncec

I don't know if anybody's still needing help, but I managed to hide the bar by including the Status Bar plugin within Intel XDK and then from within my app, using the Browser's Execute Javascript action to call "StatusBar.hide();"

Thanks for the tip, I will try it if I make any more updates.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?