How do I repeatedly check and handle instance variables?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hey everyone.

Here's my capx:

I'm trying to make a connect the dots game using a hex grid.

Long story short, I have a grid of "cell" objects with instance variable "IsEmpty"

The grid is filled with colored "Dots" which get destroyed when the player connects dots of similar colors.

When a dot is destroyed, its associated cell is set to empty.

I then have a function that selects the cell above, takes the dot inhabiting it, and moves it down to the empty space.

(Note: I want the dots to move in a zigzag like pattern down, so in a 6x6 hex grid, for example, a dot from the 6th hexagon will fall into the 12th hexagon; this explains my logic in selecting the dot)

I have a special handler for the top row, where empty spaces will be filled by "spawn" points above.

I would like this to keep repeating until the grid is full, but for some reason the dots stop moving even though there are still empty spaces on the grid.

I think I'm having trouble with checking the empty cells every tick. Not really sure what event to use. I tried "For each empty cell," and "pick cell where cell is empty," I even used a number variable to try to count the number of empty spaces, but that didn't seem to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I believe this is now resolved:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)