How do I replace assets.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Lets say for my game I have object 1. I have been using object 1 for a number of things...but realized I really should use object 2.
How can I replace my object1 events to instead be object 2?

This is mostly related to art and sound assets.

Would I have to re-write those events to use the new object?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:10 am

Why not using families ?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:57 am

I don't feel families would solve the fundamental issue.
For instance if I was using family 1 but need to use family 2 instead.

I'm wanting to know if there is a way to swap assets. Even for something simple, lets say I clone/copy a sprite and I want the copy to take the place of the original. Is this type of thing possible? Or do chunks of code/events have to be entirely re-written.

I am currently doing a project where my art, animations and sounds are not final. Importing new art that may need to replace old art would then be a problem. Some things serve a specific purpose and if there is only a single object...a family seems redundant, a potential work-around maybe, but I think it still shows a flaw or issue in workflow if the assets then evolve to no longer fit in the family, the issue comes back to how can I swap assets/events for other objects.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:11 am

Answer:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/491/ho ... -in-events

If you want it to be easier than that, please vote for this function to be implemented other whise you can play around like in the tutorial for the rest of your life :)
how-do-i-stop-events-automaticly-deleting_t121389
Read this:
yeah, i really like to say that you should "Read this:"
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:44 am

You can import image frames to the object and make the frame speed to 0, then you can change the image as you like.
I hope this will help, because i don't understand exactly what you want to achieve.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:55 am

EyeForcz wrote:Answer:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/491/ho ... -in-events

If you want it to be easier than that, please vote for this function to be implemented other whise you can play around like in the tutorial for the rest of your life :)
how-do-i-stop-events-automaticly-deleting_t121389

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for.
Rather annoying though. Hopefully one day there will be a better way of doing this.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?