How do I reset the sine Angle?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi.

I use the angular sine behaviour to make some of my objects look like they wood walk. If they arrive the path I deactivate the sine movement and have to set the angle of the object to 0, because otherwise it won't be on a correct angle. If it then moves again I reactivate the sine movement. But this time it will get out of step and it does look weird.

Before this issue I did not set the angle to 0 and the objects keeped slightly skew. But the sine movement kept looking correct all the time. So the issue has to be with the angle modification. How can I reset the sine angle? I think it safes where its angle was before and if I change this angle manually it will not look correct anymore.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Not sure if you can :( (hope I am wrong)

Maybe you could add two sine behaviours - use one to go in and the other identical copy on the way out (not tested). Hope you don't need to go back and forth :)
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 pm

I have an idea. I could safe the last angle, before I set the angle to 0°, in a variable and before I start the sine behaviour again set it to this angle. But this is dumb.

Maybe anyone has a solution for this. :D
B
S

Return to How do I....?