How do I reset the timer?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:21 am

In the 1st layout (menu) I use a Timer (every 3 seconds) and it works only good when I launch the game. The problem is when I come from the 2st layout (game) and come back to the 1st layout: the timer doesn't wait again 3 seconds before starting, it just continues... so my action can starts after 1,2 or 3 seconds... How reset the timer before it starts.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Do you have a capx file we could look at?

I created a test file and couldn't reproduce your problem. Maybe you can see something in my test file that will solve your problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:26 pm

It's not really this kind of timer, I mean the global timer... By the way, a local timer like in your test could be a workaround.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:24 pm

In this case I would do it this way.. There are ,no doubt, other (better ?) ways to do it though.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Thanks for this workaround, it works good ;)
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:04 pm

As the global timer is never reseted it's finally simple to do what I want, just by using a timer behaviour, it works because it always starts from 0 second when the layout starts.
B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions