How do I Resize Animation that is linked to a character

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • I have small issue with one animation that triggers when player jumps on top of Enemy.

So I have a Bee (Enemy) and inside that Bee I have animation called "Poof", so the "Poof" FX itself 120x120px but the Bee is scaled to 60x60px. So when I play this "Poof" this animation becomes also 60x60px how do I increase the size of this FX without increasing the size of the Bee?

Thank You.

• foxium

So the bee flies around? When does the 'poof' animation play? When the bee lands on something or when the bee is destroyed?

• So the bee flies around? When does the 'poof' animation play? When the bee lands on something or when the bee is destroyed?

When the Bee is Destroyed.

• foxium

Separate the animations. Add the 'poof' animation by itself.

EVENT Bee on collision with (whatever kills it) ACTION 1 Bee Destroy ACTION 2 Bee Spawn Poof on layer X (image point 0)

Then there's no need to resize.

*edited - sorry been up all night

• This is what I have, not sure what I am doing wrong, but with this Animation not working. I used Fade instead of Destroy, and with fade it was kind working but with animation in same container.

• foxium

How long is your fade? Is it on the bee?

Are you trying to make it work like i suggested?

Move the poof up, under the bee > destroy.

• foxium

How long is your fade? Is it on the bee?

Are you trying to make it work like i suggested?

Move the poof up, under the bee > destroy.

If I Move under the Bee, before Destroy nothing happens. Bee gets destroyed but no animation is playing.

Fade is inside the Bee Behavior. Wait time is zero and Fade Time is 1.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Someone with a bit more experience may know, but i don't think it's gonna work with the poof animation inside the bee.

Best to just delete that poof animation and add it as its own object...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)