How do I Resolve this Masking problem?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:45 am

Hello all,

I hope someone will be able to help me. It kept me up all night.
Please see the attached file.
In short I've attached shadow objects to my little (computer controlled) characters using a Spawn and Pin (if anyone has another way to do this by the way...). All is cool until I want those guys to go through an exit door. I've build a mask/sprite with a DestinationOut mode. Which works great with the Dudes... But not with the shadows!!!! They seem to be ignoring the mask and come in front every which way I try...
Also I'm trying to make the shadow fade off when they're falling and reappear when they land, but I can't get anything to work.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Help.

Thanks in advance for any clue/hints/etc...

Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:14 pm

You can make the door on another layer above "Layer 0" or you can make a "If shadow is overlapping door" move to bottom of layer. That should fix it.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Try this :

masking.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:03 pm

you mean like this
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Thank you all!!!!
I didn't know the Move To Object action had a Behind option...
Can anyone now point me now, on how I can get rid of the shadow when the dudes are falling (and back again when they're on the ground)?
I've tried a lot of stuff but it seems the For Each is messing my logics.
Plus I'm not that good at this pretty obviously :)
Thanks again and if anyone has pointers for my new problem, I'd be super grateful!
B
S

Return to How do I....?