How do I reuse event sheets between projects

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 4:03 pm

I have a bunch of projects that behave similarly in many ways. At the moment, I copied the event sheets responsible for such behavior.
It works, but in the future the behavior will change, and replicating those changes everywhere will be a pain in the ass. Is there some way to reuse the behavior and auto-replicate those changes to all my projects ?
B

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Not at the moment that I'm aware of. C2 doesn't have any capabilities to handle this that Im aware of. With that said, you could always do something fancy with git. have a single repository with your common used code and then fork it for each new project. From there you could pull from the main branch everytime you have a change. Just an idea.
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:49 am

mepis wrote:Not at the moment that I'm aware of. C2 doesn't have any capabilities to handle this that Im aware of. With that said, you could always do something fancy with git. have a single repository with your common used code and then fork it for each new project. From there you could pull from the main branch everytime you have a change. Just an idea.

Just tried this.. made a directory common/ inside 'Event Sheet/'. At the .caproj file, referenced one (<event-sheet>common/Button.xml</event-sheet>), everything worked just fine. But when I saved the changes, C2 copied the Button.xml file to the 'Event Sheet' directory, and erased my reference line from the .caproj
B

Return to How do I....?