How do I rotate mouse movement around object for weapn wheel

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:11 am

@NetOne Hey, thanks a bunch! You definitely fixed the problem in the capx. I tried to implement the simple changes into my prototype level but rotation is still broken :cry: . Sorry this topic has been going on for so long folks! No matter what I do, I just can't get the cursor to point to the mouse.

Still the same problem, posted a gif. It rotates nicely but not correctly. I'd post a pic of the event sheet but it's laid out exactly like in the updated capx! I just can't believe nothing I try works. I can't think what the problem might be seeing as the capx example works fine. I have 13 layers. Could that be it? What in my layout could be causing the mouse and weapon wheel cursor not to work correctly?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:27 am

I still perceive the cursor movements as disturbing.

In GTA, i beleive, the aiming cross is not acting as a cursor. I beleive that it is not locked to the mouse. Also the aiming cross dissapears when bringing up the wheel.

I think (just an opinion as so many) if you see the aiming cross as 'the direction it will shoot to', things will get easyer to archive. Then the aiming cross can move on a fixed circle arround the player. Effectively show direction the player is shooting towards. Now it is easy to snap that aiming cross back to that place after un-showing the wheel.

The aiming cross is (in my eyes) not needed to make a selection in the wheel. (see my example). With that cross hopping arround, that HUD gets to complex.

Using the mouse wheel would be the most natural way to choose, but, on 'touch' thats not gonna work.

So maybe, if you wanna do this on 'touch' too, why not use the actual 'touch'/'mouse' to choose from the wheel. And use a controlled aiming cross to represent the direction that one shoots to.

Just mumbling, dont mind me.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:20 am

Hey, thanks for the comment @99Instances2Go So I'm creating two games from all this prototyping I'm doing. One mobile game and one PC game. Both Metroidvania style platformers. Hopefully for the PC release, I can include gamepad support and that's one of the reasons why I want a weapon wheel.

The cross hair/cursor won't be visible when you bring up the weapon wheel in the final version of the game. Right now I just have it visible in the mean time as I experiment. Maybe that is what is messing up the events from working correctly?

I'm not sure how GTA handles it's weapon switch behind the scenes but I do know it uses the mouse to scroll around the weapon wheel to select a weapon (when playing with mouse and keyboard). I do agree that the cross hair/mouse hopping around the screen for weapon select seems weird, wonky and complex. I'm not sure how GTA gets around that problem...proprietary engine?

I really want to replicate something like GTA. And the Witcher 3. Basically every game has a weapon wheel selection system like this. Mouse scroll is actually a really good idea that I forgot to think of. Naturally mouse scroll for weapons will be included on the PC version with using mouse and keyboard.

I think (just an opinion as so many) if you see the aiming cross as 'the direction it will shoot to', things will get easyer to archive. Then the aiming cross can move on a fixed circle arround the player. Effectively show direction the player is shooting towards. Now it is easy to snap that aiming cross back to that place after un-showing the wheel.

And use a controlled aiming cross to represent the direction that one shoots to.

Hey sorry, I don't think I understand. Do you think you can elaborate a bit?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:22 am

Does it seem to be 90 degrees off from the mouse? Because I was thinking, what if you just went into the image editor for your selection indicator and rotated the entire image 90 degrees clockwise? Then it would be laying flat at zero degrees and point right at the mouse.
Eh, Steve!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Beginner's Questions