How do I roulette with determined result

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

this is very useful, thanks for sharing.
B
80
S
29
G
166
Posts: 234
Reputation: 89,119

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Very nice. Thanks a lot.

In my case, I need that the spinner stops in pre defined places, following a sequence that could be different each time: 1,3,5,4,6,2,6,6,3,1 or 4,2,5,4,1,6,3,1,3,2 or 6,1,4,2,3,5,2,2,4,1 or ...

Is it possible?
B
4
S
2
Posts: 136
Reputation: 874

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:03 pm

@Braus
Sure, why not? In the capx it calculates the initial speed so it rotates n degrees. It's done when the speed is >= to 0.

So you'd either figure out the number of degrees from any position to any other, or find a formula that can do that.
B
94
S
33
G
118
Posts: 5,396
Reputation: 75,853

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:47 pm

R0J0hound wrote:@Braus
Sure, why not? In the capx it calculates the initial speed so it rotates n degrees. It's done when the speed is >= to 0.

So you'd either figure out the number of degrees from any position to any other, or find a formula that can do that.



I got it. I just need to fix an issue with the area corresponding to the place 1 (all the restante are okay). How to check if the spinner is over this place if the first angle of this area starts at 330 degrees and finish at 30 degrees. I tried "within 60 of 30" but it nor worked.

Other question:
If I use sqrt(2*50*(360+int(random(6))*60)) I cannot apply more speed at the beginning?
B
4
S
2
Posts: 136
Reputation: 874

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:49 pm

"within 60 of 30" would mean 330 to 90, or 60 degrees in each direction from 30. So it probably is easier for you to just use the "is between angles" condition instead.

I don't understand your last question. The equation is:
speed = sqrt(2*deceleration*degreesToMove)

It calculates the speed needed so when using a certain deceleration it will stop after rotating degreesToMove degrees. The speed will be higher for higher values of deceleration and degreesToMove.
B
94
S
33
G
118
Posts: 5,396
Reputation: 75,853

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:14 pm

R0J0hound wrote:"within 60 of 30" would mean 330 to 90, or 60 degrees in each direction from 30. So it probably is easier for you to just use the "is between angles" condition instead.

I don't understand your last question. The equation is:
speed = sqrt(2*deceleration*degreesToMove)

It calculates the speed needed so when using a certain deceleration it will stop after rotating degreesToMove degrees. The speed will be higher for higher values of deceleration and degreesToMove.


I would like that the spinner starts fast (750) but just turn 5 or 7 times and stop in the angle that I defined. Is it possible?
B
4
S
2
Posts: 136
Reputation: 874

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:35 pm

A full rotation is 360 so you could just add 360 to degreesToMove multiple times.
B
94
S
33
G
118
Posts: 5,396
Reputation: 75,853

Post » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 pm

R0J0hound wrote:A full rotation is 360 so you could just add 360 to degreesToMove multiple times.


Thanks for all your help.
B
4
S
2
Posts: 136
Reputation: 874

Previous

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dop2000 and 17 guests