How do I save a game to offline app cache permanently?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:35 pm

Hello @Ashley and everyone else!

I've noticed very interesting matter:

Looks like the game is stored in the browser's offline app cache for a limited time. In example: i load a game today, it stores into browser's app cache and if you reload it - it loads instantly (and for some unknown time after) BUT the next day the game is downloaded again, like the first time.

*I did not clear the browser's cache.
*I did not make any changes on the server, where the game is stored. So should be nothing to induce an update for the game.

This was tested 3 times and all the times the same thing happened.

I've tested this on more than one game of my own. ( www.crystalgames.space )

Noticed on Chrome, Windows 10.

Would greatly appreciate solution and/or more info regarding this problem.

Thanks!
Positive, inspiring and jazzy games!

www.crystalgames.space

Enjoy!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Your server is returning 404 not found for the offline.appcache file. Check the browser error console (ctrl+shift+J). It's probably not working at all. You probably need to set up your server MIME types.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Thanks for your quick response!

I've made a web.config ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/dfd9a1dtp46xe ... g.txt?dl=0 ) file with all the MIMES i need but the code there probably isn't right. If you could check it for a minute - i would be greatly grateful as i wasn't able to find the correct code example to write.
I host with GoDaddy.

Those notifications also showed up:

"The deviceorientation event is deprecated on insecure origins, and support will be removed in the future. You should consider switching your application to a secure origin, such as HTTPS."

"c2runtime.js:21950 The devicemotion event is deprecated on insecure origins, and support will be removed in the future. You should consider switching your application to a secure origin, such as HTTPS."

I understand those. Any workarounds planned or i should move to https instead of http?

***"c2runtime.js:16693 dopplerFactor is deprecated and will be removed in M45 when all doppler effects are removed"*** - Does this mean that Chrome will stop supporting positioned sound??!!

Thanks very much for great Scirra support services! ;)

www.crystalgames.space

Enjoy!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:31 pm

Looks like the MIME for .appcache was not set on my server. I've found it in the settings and the web.config wasn't needed.

It's fine now ;)

And how about those doppler effects?

Thanks ;)

www.crystalgames.space

Enjoy!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?