How do I save a png with transparencies?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:37 am

Hey friends,

I would really love to make an image inside C2 using Snapshot Canvas, which has a transparent background. For example... there are 3 layer, each with little objects, now I want to generate a picture of this 3 layers, showing transparency in the background.

Hope you got what I mean :-D

Is this possible within standard C2?

Greets,
Beav
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 am

Beaverlicious wrote:Hey friends,

I would really love to make an image inside C2 using Snapshot Canvas, which has a transparent background. For example... there are 3 layer, each with little objects, now I want to generate a picture of this 3 layers, showing transparency in the background.

Hope you got what I mean :-D

Is this possible within standard C2?

Greets,
Beav

Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 10:00 pm

Aphrodite wrote:Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)

Hello, have a few quick questions. One how do you select just the layers that you want to save. The snapshot canvas tool only is allowing me to chose my file format and the name of the file. I can not find any options to save just say Layer 3 or crop options or other ways to limit where the snapshot happens.(Width and Height of image)

Thank you for your time
"Were all mad here. I'm mad, your mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Asked Alice. "You must be" Said the Cheshire Cat. "Or you wouldn't have come here"-Lewis Carroll: Adventures In Wonderland
B
S

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 1:46 am

CrazyVulcan wrote:
Aphrodite wrote:Just make ever layer transparent (the one created by default isn't transparent), so the screenshot has a tyransparent background (however, the display will still show black at the background, but the saved snapshot will not have it)

Hello, have a few quick questions. One how do you select just the layers that you want to save. The snapshot canvas tool only is allowing me to chose my file format and the name of the file. I can not find any options to save just say Layer 3 or crop options or other ways to limit where the snapshot happens.(Width and Height of image)

Thank you for your time

Not sure you can do this easily, you could in theory:

-set the unwanted layers to invisible
-take the snapshot
-one tick after, set the layers back to visible

Not that practical i must say, however, maybe the paster plugin could work: plugin-paster_t88750?&hilit=paster
You would just hqve to set the position and size of the paster object to the part you want to screenshot, then paste the layer inside of it, then download the content of the paster ( I think it is paster.imageurl ), I didn t tested though
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?