How do I save datas to an ftp?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:17 pm

hi all, im working on my app, and i would like to save smalls datas to an ftp.
i want to record the mac adress of the machine and save that on the ftp, it is possible?
also i need to read the datas stored on the server.

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

@imothep85, did u find any way around it. For me i'm trying to send a file over the internet to my server, any ideas on this.

imothep85 wrote:hi all, im working on my app, and i would like to save smalls datas to an ftp.
i want to record the mac adress of the machine and save that on the ftp, it is possible?
also i need to read the datas stored on the server.

thanks
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:37 am

I need that too! I need to create dynamic content so the final user can change texts and pictures but i dont know how to write/read from an FTP directory
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:55 pm

@Dasat, @gabicho: What you can do is send data through AJAX (check out the How do I FAQ, there are example of use listed).
The issue is you will need some server-side script (for example a PHP file) that will save/store those data. If your script is to make a new file on your server, then all is fine.

But this "just" depends on the type of server-side script you decide to use and this is unfortunately not something made with C2 and is something out of the scope of our forums.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?