How do I save my game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
You must shoot down the enemy planes and eliminate them to earn points.
  • Hello,

I'm making a game in construct 2 and I want to know how i can make sure that I can resume my game from the created 'pause menu'.

I already made a pause menu, but if I want to go back to the game, the game won't save it.

So how can I make sure that I can continue my game?

• Is the pause menu a layout?

And what would you like to save : before the opening of the menu or after the closing of the menu?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will have to use local storage to save all the information that you need to recreate the scenario like player (position, health, etc)

• Hello,

I'm making a game in construct 2 and I want to know how i can make sure that I can resume my game from the created 'pause menu'.

I already made a pause menu, but if I want to go back to the game, the game won't save it.

So how can I make sure that I can continue my game?

As said above you'll need local storage and maybe even dictionary to save items. This will also save the room location you're in if you set it up correctly. It's a lot of work so look up tutorials on these two things. You should find some info in the search section. just type how to save game or how to save items... stuff like that. You will see post from others asking the same question you are and that should get you lots of info.

• Is the pause menu a layout?

And what would you like to save : before the opening of the menu or after the closing of the menu?

yes the pause menu is a layout.

I already have a local storage but I don't know how it's working. What do I have to do?

• You could use the action save on an event on end of layout and than use the action go to layout "game".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)