How do I save progress in an account(cloud)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:59 am

Hi guys,

Making a game for my website. I want players to be able to make an account, login, play the game and save it to their account. So they can access their game progress on different pc's and continue. Is this possible with construct 2?

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:44 pm

No one?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:15 pm

With the ajax object, you can communicate with a server, and so write znd read from a database

How exactly is however outside my knowledge
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Aphrodite wrote:With the ajax object, you can communicate with a server, and so write znd read from a database

How exactly is however outside my knowledge

ok. Yeah i found some stuff about microsoft azure, but i have no clue how to make accounts and save the data. Couldn't find a tutorial or manuel about it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:08 pm

There are a few tutorials in the tutorial section on connecting to mysql database and php.
If memory serves me correct - one was username password connect and other multiplayer.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:45 am

DUTOIT wrote:There are a few tutorials in the tutorial section on connecting to mysql database and php.
If memory serves me correct - one was username password connect and other multiplayer.

ok i will take a look again!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am

ddaan9 wrote:
DUTOIT wrote:There are a few tutorials in the tutorial section on connecting to mysql database and php.

Multiplayer Tut

And login

enough info in both to achieve what you want.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am

DUTOIT wrote:
ddaan9 wrote:

Multiplayer Tut

And login

enough info in both to achieve what you want.

thanks for the links!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?