How do I save screenshot on mobile device?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • Hey there - another week, another question

I want to save a screenshot from my current canvas onto my local storage on the mobile device, the app is running. Ive tried out the excample project, for saving images, but i think its only for browser / standalone machines, not for mobile.

I switched the webstorage to localstorage too, but i cannot save the image.

Has someone an idea?

Second question, depending if the first one is solvable: Is it possible to rename those images on before saving local?

Any help or ideas would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

• Hey Congrats2u!

You use the action System>Snapshot Canvas and, right after that, the action Browser>Invoke Download, using CanvasSnapshot as parameter. The action also let's you pick any name for the file.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey brunopalermo - first: thanks for your fast answer! Does this also work on mobile devices with the browser behaviour?

Ive builded an app with cordova - so iam not sure, if this could work in an app. But it would be awesome if it does

Thank you very much!

• Never tried. I don't really develop for android. Maybe dop2000 can shine some light on that, as far as I know he has developed for android before.

• brunopalermo - Okay so i will give it a try anyway

In my oppinion it should be possible... but probably we have to find out how

• dop2000 Ashley do you have an idea? on ipad there is an screenshot taken, but its placed on top of the canvas and i cant save it.....

has someone experiance how to make this thing work?

I found this one...but there is no clear setup how to get it to run with construct2:

Would be awesome

Thanks in advance

• I have had success with this using construct 2. But I had to use cranberrygame plugin cocooncanvas to get it to save to android when i built with cocoon.io. I am hoping the plugin developer will make it work for construct 3.

• Please tell me how can I download cocooncanvas plugin ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)